Hello!

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for." ~Sir John Lubbock

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO www.michellehedgecock.com. Feel free to explore past posts here, then please come by for continued creative fun! If you like what you read, don't forget to "follow" my blog at its new site, to continue to receive creative fun and inspiration in your mailbox! Thank you.


Friday, March 25, 2011

Nature Muse

I love this rock my mom found while beach combing along the northern California coast. I’m lucky that she readily collects handfuls of these beautiful, holey rocks then lugs a heavy shopping bag full back for me to have my creative way with them. But this particular double heart rock needs no embellishment...not that any of the rocks do. I think I was just as excited when she showed it to me as she was to find it! But I do love making things with them like unique gift tags, simple necklaces, and adding them to assemblages. These rocks have been massaged and carved by water--by the sea—and so beautifully add a special, nature-as-art touch that I love to hold, feel, and wrap.
 
What is one of your favorite “muses” from nature?

No comments:

Post a Comment