Hello!

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for." ~Sir John Lubbock

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO www.michellehedgecock.com. Feel free to explore past posts here, then please come by for continued creative fun! If you like what you read, don't forget to "follow" my blog at its new site, to continue to receive creative fun and inspiration in your mailbox! Thank you.


Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"Super" Full Moon Mojo

I am definitely a moon groupie. I love gazing at it, being outside under its inspiring light. I love sleeping under a bright moon, walking, journaling, sketching, comtemplating in its silvery cast...

As you may already know last Saturday's moon was one of the brightest and biggest, a rare event that seems to occur only about every 20 years or so. It's been dubbed the "super moon." It was a super "perigee moon" that was 14% bigger and 30% brighter than "lesser" moons. To celebrate this occasion--well honestly to celebrate the monthly full moon, this one being extra special due to perigee and the spring equinox--I headed out again with my Let Nature Be Your Muse meetup group and sat under her luminous spell, listening to and watching her beautiful story unfold during the night.

This time I sketched in pen and ink (a little easier to see than pencil). I liked using my Micron Brush pen, nice casual strokes, easy to see, and I like the constrast it presented. Once I saw them in the light, I couldn't wait to add a little color, which I did later using acrylics. I finished these 3 sketches off with a few more details using both my black pens and white pen, and a rubber stamp. My goal was to put my feeling and my senses that were engaged during this night into my images.





































What I love most about these, is knowing that they were completely bathed in moon light the whole time I was sketching them out. It is a little thing that makes it so special to me as I look at them...I am reminded of the huge halo around the moon, silvery thin clouds, like gauze moving across the night sky, I feel the cool breeze, hear the owl in the distance and the breeze within the bushes next to me.  I feel my cold fingertips and hear my shoes crunching upon the pebbly desert soil when I shift position.

I can't wait to see what's in store for next month's full moon :)

2 comments: