Hello!

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for." ~Sir John Lubbock

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO www.michellehedgecock.com. Feel free to explore past posts here, then please come by for continued creative fun! If you like what you read, don't forget to "follow" my blog at its new site, to continue to receive creative fun and inspiration in your mailbox! Thank you.


Monday, September 13, 2010

"Create..." Part II

As I mentioned in my previous post, I thought my submission for the 1st Annual Chain-link Art Exhibition and Competition could stand complete with the crystal spider in her large barbeque grill web, enhanced with the wired-web word "create." But, I wanted to make it special, add more whimsy. I decided to see what it would look like to add something going up the side to carry the message of "create..." a little further, and I loved the idea and opportunity for adding more of my bugs to the piece, some how in a more orderly fashion. "Ants" immediately came to mind and so 20 recycled ants were born of nuts, bolts, scrap wire, washers, and glass beads. Some individual close-ups are seen here.

Each one unique, I just loved the way they ended up rounding out the entire piece. I wanted people to discover the word "create" in the web to connect with the leading ant's flag that encourages us to create... "something" "love" "dreams" "peace" "laughter" "opportunity" "happiness" and the like. I thought if people missed the web word "create" they would at least see the ant's message and come up with their own fun interpretations.
  
 

I had so much fun participating in this 1st annual competition. It benefited a great cause (the Hi-Desert Cultural Center) and placing 2nd was icing on the cake!
























Here are some shots of the final piece, a tricky one to photograph with the chain-link, but you'll get the idea...of course I think it's best appreciated in person ;)





Beginning the process, Part I: http://mousehouseart.blogspot.com/2010/09/create.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment