Hello!

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for." ~Sir John Lubbock

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO www.michellehedgecock.com. Feel free to explore past posts here, then please come by for continued creative fun! If you like what you read, don't forget to "follow" my blog at its new site, to continue to receive creative fun and inspiration in your mailbox! Thank you.


Saturday, August 1, 2009

Faces (collage)

Some of my earliest faces--several of which are now part of my "Family Totem" piece, a 7 ft. tall totem pole. Many of these faces were born out of the trashed treasures I collected from one of my first serious junking expeditions ;) Often, they just create themselves...like the smashed soda can that screamed 'grumpy' face, or the curled lid for the 'worried-about-to-cry' face, and the mangled/punctured lid that became the 'ick-I'm-sick' face (with a fuse for the thermometer).



All pieces here made entirely of found scrap wire, junked and rusted metal objects: lids, utensils, auto parts, cans, hinges, saw blades, springs, nuts/bolts etc., with glass or ceramic beads for embellishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment